Soso ends up Sew fun!!

Okay so yesterday would have been my little brother's 28th birthday. He died a little over 3 years ago in a car accident. He was a really sweet man who had overcome a lot of adversity. I miss him and think of him often. I wonder about how to explain about him with Aidan. Today I cried for him and worried Aidan would be concerned but he just kept playing with me- just a little more gently than before- it felt like a very compassionate response to my grief.


Anyways yesterday I hung out with my mom- without Aidan this is a fairly rare occurrence. And we got cracking on a project that I bought materials for 2 years ago- gulp. Anyways still love it and can't wait to get it finished and onto my couch!!!!

















 

 So we got to work sewing. Well I mostly talked while my mom sewed but she was okay with it lol. It felt so nice to have a creative outlet on a day where I really wasn't feeling too hot. I finally got my sewing machine parts in the mail so I hope to take more creative me time soon.


















 
I was trying to figure out what about this made me so happy. I was trying to explain that it would give our apartment a sense of personality because our place keeps morphing. but it' never really been a reflection of who I am.















 

After some thought I realized this is the kind of tattoo I would get if I weren't so afraid to commit to a tattoo lol. My apartment is also more of a hodgepodge of things we've picked here and there but it really doesn't give a guest much of a sense of who we are (in my opinion) so I'm hoping this will help add some funky youthful vibes to our place. Anyways yay for getting my creativity on and for building something apart from being a mom!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here we go...

One day at a time

Risks